Honor Umpqua by taking action today
Our sympathies go out to the families of the victims and to the entire Umpqua Community College during this most difficult time.
But sympathy isn’t enough anymore. We’ve faced far too many tragedies, and we need to look at how to stop the next one before it happens. It’s time for action.
Here are a few simple things you can do right now:
ACTION STEP – Hold our elected officials accountable.
Nine people died Thursday after a gunman opened fire at Umpqua Community College students and teachers. Let’s remember these people and commit to not allowing yet another shooting tragedy go by without holding ourselves and our elected officials responsible.
ACTION STEP– Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter, and if you live in California, please sign our MoveOn petition to help enact a strong guns off campus bill into law by Oct 10th.
In memory of the people killed at Umpqua Community College:
- Lucero Alcaraz, of Roseburg, 19
- Quinn Glen Cooper, of Roseburg, 18
- Lucas Eibel of Roseburg, 18
- Jason Johnson, of Winston, 33
- Lawrence Levine, of Glide, 67
- Sarena Dawn Moore, of Myrtle Creek, 44
- Treven Anspach, of Sutherlin, 20
- Rebecka Carnes, of Myrtle Creek, 18
- Kim Saltmarsh Dietz, of Roseburg, 59
Please take action today and share with a friend.
Thanks for all you do to keep our campuses safe.